About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I'm a fat girl on a journey to lose some weight to gain my life back!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Weekly Weigh In

Well, this week I remained the same on  the scale.   Really, though I deserved a gained.   Last weekend, I found some swollen lumps in my neck.    I called and made a doctors appt, fully expecting to go in and be told that it's my thyroid.  I'm a woman in my 30's and I have PCOS.  I fully expected it to be my thyroid and I had accepted that fate.    So, when I went in to the doctor and she told me that she didn't think it was my thyroid, but she thought it was a swollen lymph node caused from an infection, I was surprised.   But, I thought hey an infection is better than a thyroid problem.   So, the doctor drew some blood, just to verify the infection, and sent me for an ultrasound just to make sure she was correct.   On Wednesday, I got my results back.  There was no infection, and it wasn't a lymph node.   They said the ultrasound tech said she couldn't clearly see what it was, but that there were "two suspicious nodules" in my neck.   So, now I have no clue what the answer is.  I'm waiting to have a CT scan, so that hopefully they can see what it is more clearly. 

With all this "unknown" and worry about my health, I have for sure been eating my emotions.    I know that I can't control the outcome no matter what, but it's just the waiting that is driving me crazy.  I'm stressing it, I'm very impatient, and I just want to know so that I can fix it and move on.  Finally on Friday, I decided that I could either let this health issue consume me and take me under, or I could fight for my health.   I decided to fight.   I quit eating my emotions, and decided that it's time to make a big change in my eating habits.  It's time for me to focus on being healthy.  I am working on cutting out all the processed foods that I can reasonably can.   Not just for myself but for my entire family.   We have a diet that is heavily processed, and now it's time to get rid of that.  So, we are slowly making a change to that.   Right now, though I'm really struggling with it.   I think maybe my body is addicted to all the chemicals, because I'm going through some withdrawal symptoms!  

No comments:

Post a Comment