About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I'm a fat girl on a journey to lose some weight to gain my life back!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Here's a recipe I made today!

I'm trying to cook more, and eat out less. So, I've been trying to find new recipes.  Sometimes, I find one that I think my preschooler and my husband will eat and I try to make it a little bit healthier.   That's what I did today!   Everyone actually liked this one, I have to admit it was pretty yummy!  We will for sure be making it again!

Bacon Cheddar Chicken

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup Light BBQ sauce
4 strips of turkey bacon (cooked)
1/2 cup of reduced fat cheddar cheese- I don't buy pre-shredded cheese, because I don't like the anticaking stuff they use and I think it tastes so much better to shred your own!

Here's what I did-  I cut the chicken breasts in half.   You don't have to do this, but I like to make them thinner so that they cook fast and because I don't need to eat an entire chicken breast.   Brush half of the bbq sauce on the chicken and bake at 350 until chicken is done.   (20-30 mins)   In the meantime, cook the turkey bacon.   I just put it in a skillet and pan fried it.    Shred the cheese while you wait.   Once the chicken is done, pour the rest of the sauce on, put a slice of bacon on each breast and then top with a sprinkle of the cheese.   Stick it back in the oven until the cheese melts.    The enjoy!   It's really yummy!



1 comment: