About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I'm a fat girl on a journey to lose some weight to gain my life back!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Vacation, vacation, vacation.

I was on vacation this week.   I was really worried about being on vacation and losing weight.   Normally, while on vacation I just eat whatever I want without any regard to it, and we usually end up eating out a lot.   I think on this vacation we eat out 10 times in 8 days.   Usually, on vacation I allow myself to not exercise or workout.   This year, I completely refused to do that!   I walked on the beach everyday but one.  I made sure to pay attention to what I was eating.   I ended up losing four lbs while I was away.    I'm floored that I was able to lose weight while away.   I'm really proud of myself beyond words. 

While I was on vacation.  I was seeing all these people kayaking and paddling boarding.   Both of those seem like so much fun to me.   I want to do and try both of them.   Really, I'd even love to take surfing lessons.   There are so many things that I would love to do!   Ziplining, white water rafting, tubing, anything fun like that.  But, I feel like I'm too fat to do those things.  So, I won't try them.     But, I want too.   I feel like when I get down a little smaller that I will!   My goal is by next year to be able take paddleboarding lessons or surfing lessons!  Or even both!  That would be a great vacation!   To be able to do those fun things.  

As, I was sitting on the beach thinking about all the things that I felt like I was too big to do but wanted to do.   I thought that if I stayed on track and worked hard all year that next year by the time we went to the beach I could be around 200lbs or under.  I could be down another 100lbs.   I don't even know what I will look like then.   Not myself for sure!   The lowest I can remember is around 270ish.   I can't imagine myself anything less than that.   But, I'm going to work hard to do that. 

Since, coming back from vacation with a loss,  it's almost like a recharge in my effort to continue.   It was a great self esteem boost, and has given me a will to want to continue and try even harder.   I am going to take a current pic of myself and then I have a picture from vacation the same week last year, and I am going to put them side by side to see about a difference.   Last year I weighed around 365 most likely.   This year I weighed 309 when I left. So, that's a big difference.   I'm hoping that I will be able to see a difference in them.  I will post them once I get them done.  It might be tomorrow, but I will make sure I get to them this week!

My weight loss buddy is really struggling.   She's gaining quite a bit.  I completely understand where she is coming from because I've been there not too long ago.   I think we are bound to have struggles with it, because it's not easy.   But, it's the way we come back from our struggles and the way we deal with them that counts.   I want to do something to help her, so I am going to try to check in with her more often, instead of just once or twice a week.   I'm going to try to be more of an encouragement for her.    

Since I am six pounds away from being under 300, my goal was to be under that by the end of August.   I think I should be able to do that!   Then I will need a new goal.   Since my vacation is over I need a new long term goal.   I'm thinking about making a Christmas or Thanksgiving goal.   I like to have short term and long term goals because they help me stay on track.

Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment