About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I'm a fat girl on a journey to lose some weight to gain my life back!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, November 21, 2013

I'm making strides today!

They say that the first step to recovering from an addiction is to admit you have a problem.  With that being said, my name is Wendy and I have an addiction to weighing myself every morning!    I can't tell you if it's a good or bad thing that I find myself getting on the scale more than once a week.   I guess it all depends on what the scale says!  Sometimes I feel like the scale has this magic power over me and it can either make my day really great or it can make my day really bad!  I know it's really silly to let an object determine your day and mood.     When I weighed in on Sunday my weight was 292,  my starting weight was 365!  This morning the scale brought me good news I guess it felt I needed to have a great day!   This morning the magic number was 282, that's 10lbs since Sunday!   Now, I completely understand that it's water weight!   But, I don't care!  It still means a loss so I'm going to take it and celebrate it!   Deep down I really do fear that when Sunday comes and it's time for the official weigh in that it will have crept back up!    Hopefully, the scale gods will still be on my side then!

The scale isn't the only place I'm making progress though on morning when my daughter has school  I go and walk three miles at the park as long as the weather permits.   Well, today I had to be back at my daughter's school an hour and a half after I dropped her off for her Thanksgiving party.  Plus, I had to come home and pick up the hubby so he could go with me.    So, I told myself that it was okay if I didn't get my walk in because I was short on time and I knew there was no way I could get whole three miles in.    So, I gave myself an excuse and a pass.   But, when I was getting dressed I was on auto pilot.   I got my walking clothes, socks and shoes on grabbed some extra water bottles and went out the door.   I dropped the little one off and school and headed straight to the park.   I think I got about 2 miles in, and then came home to shower and change to get back to her school.   It previous times I would have taken the excuse that I didn't have time and then not gotten my walk in.   But, the fact that I did it more on auto pilot than actually having to force myself to do it tells me that I'm in a really good place right now!    I think I deserve a gold star for the day!

In other news I'm not having many cravings for sweets like I was having before.    I think the low carb thing is actually helping.   I'm also not craving the soda like before.   I am only tempted when I open the fridge and it's staring me in the face.   But, I haven't had to pull out a juice box in two days, three if I make it through today!    Part of me though is really worried that I am going to all the sudden find myself back to craving them.  But, I know that it's a lot easier to say no to them the first time.  But, if I allow myself to have them then it's a whole lot harder to say no and that's how I find myself back in a place that I'm constantly craving them.    I just need to remind myself of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment