About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I'm a fat girl on a journey to lose some weight to gain my life back!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My doctor thinks I need an attitude adjustment.

I go to see my family practioner every month for a weight loss check up.   I feel like this keeps me honest with myself about where I am in my weight loss.  I also feel like it gives me a chance to discuss with some one with a medical background.   And, it also allows me to ensure that I am losing weight safely and in a healthy way.   

My check ups, are pretty easy.  I get on the scale, I get a shot of b-12, my doctor runs my hormone panel because of my pcos, and then we discuss my month.   We talk about how my pcos symptoms were, how I felt, what I felt like I did right and what I felt like I did wrong.     We come up with a plan of action for the next month, and then she always gives me some encouragement.   This actaully helps me.   It most likely wouldn't help if i didn't have such an awesome doctor.   My doctor remembers me, she also has pcos,  doesn't treat me like a patient, she treats me like a friend.  She comes into the exam room, she sits down and says how have you been.   She really listens, and really cares.   It also really helps that she has pcos.   So, when I tell her about a problem with a symptom she understands.   She helps me try to treat and prevent the symptom, not just deal with it. 

So, after explaining all that.   This week when she sat down and asked me about my week.  I was telling her that I was really struggling with my workouts and feeling deprived, on the low gi.  I felt like I was going to have to live this life by never eating things I enjoy again.   So, I was telling her all this and she told me that she wanted me to work on my thought process.   And, she's right.  I do need to work on my thought process.  It is going to be a struggle if you tell yourself it's going to be.   It is going to really suck, if you tell yourself that it's going to suck.   She told me to change my thinking to thinking about how much better I am going to feel.  

So, that is my plan for the next month.  To focus on changing my thinking.   To start thinking that I enjoy the workouts, even when I have to use a DVD to work out.     And, I'm going to work on thinking that I'm not being deprived, that I'm feeding my body what it needs to feel and be healthy!   I'm really not sure how to go about it changing my mindset, but she suggested that every time I caught myself saying something negative that I turn it into a positive.   So, that's my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment