About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I'm a fat girl on a journey to lose some weight to gain my life back!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, November 18, 2013

It's time to bring this place back from the dead!

So, it's been a very long time since I've written a post.   I know you guys need an update!   I've lost 73 pounds since I started this journey.   It was 75, but I gained two back this week!   Lately, it's been really hard to get back on track after falling off.   So, I thought that maybe I needed a new plan!   I'm switching from calorie counting, to low glycemic index.   I have PCOS, which causes insulin resistance, so my doctor felt that I should really give this plan a try.   I can't say that it's a "diet" because a diet to me is something that is temporary.   And, this has to be for life!    So, no diet words here!

One of the biggest changes I am making is, no soda at all.  NONE, whatsoever!  Let me tell you, this is a struggle for me!  I keep telling myself it's going to get easier and that one day I'm not even going to miss them.  Is it "one day" yet?   Because, right now it's really hard.   My head hurts, even though I was always drinking a caffeine free one.  My head is still killing me.    Guess it wasn't as caffeine free as I thought.    As a replacement of sorts for the soda, when I really need something with some flavor to it I'm drinking some juice.  I bought some Apple and Eve 100% no sugar added juice boxes (yes, apparently I'm five again!).  I got the boxes because they are already measured in oz's so I don't have to pull out a measuring cup.  I am  lazy like that!  

Right now, the low gi plan seems pretty overwhelming to me, and complicated.   So, I will have to let ya'll know if it gets any easier.  I'm sure it will it's just an adjustment.    I can say this, right now I am really struggling with that "night time" eating.   I know you know what I'm talking about it.   It's 9pm and all I want to do is go raid the cabinets, and eat an entire bag of chips, or an entire package of cookies, or brownies, or cake!  Yum cake!   But, I refuse at least for now, to give in.  It's only day three, so I'm still feeling strong!  I hope I am able to keep the will power up!  Brownies, and cookies are certainly my weakness.    If any of those are in my house, I wake up thinking about what is an acceptable time for me to be eating them!  It's absurd!   For tonight though, I'm going to pass on the binge session and be strong, or maybe just got to bed so I will sleep through the urges.   There have been times in the past when I've went to bed just to sleep through urges to binge on anything I could get my hands on!   But, sadly I just wake up thinking it also!

No comments:

Post a Comment